The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has completed the Seletar Aerospace Flyover and its surrounding road connections and is pleased to announce that the new roads will open at 5am on Saturday, 16 May 2015.
Direct connections to the Expressways
1. The Seletar Aerospace Flyover is a dual 3-lane interchange that provides direct connections to the Central Expressway (CTE), Seletar Expressway (SLE) and Tampines Expressway (TPE), as well as Jalan Kayu. The project includes new roads connecting the flyover to the surrounding road network.
2. Residents can look forward to direct connections to the TPE using the new dual 3-lane Sengkang West Road. Previously, motorists from Yio Chu Kang Road had to use the one-lane Jalan Kayu to reach the expressway network. Traffic conditions along Jalan Kayu are expected to ease With the opening of Sengkang West Road.
3. The new Seletar Aerospace Flyover will also enable motorists going to Seletar Aerospace Park (SAP) to connect directly from the expressway using Seletar Aerospace Way.
4. Works to build the Seletar Aerospace Flyover across the TPE and six viaducts connecting the new slip roads began in the second quarter of 2011. With three lanes in each direction, the new interchange will have the capacity to support future developments in SAP and the Sengkang West Industrial area.
Improving road connectivity to the northern parts of Singapore
5. Since 2012, LTA has been carrying out several road improvement projects and expansion of the roads to improve the connectivity between Yishun Town and the expressway network. Yishun Avenue 8, a new alternative road link serving motorists travelling from Yishun to the CTE was completed and opened in January 2015; Seletar West Link has also been widened to dual 3-lanes.